Melo is out again tonight for the Knicks. No worries. The 6-23 Hornets come into Madison Square Garden without 4 of their starters. Eric Gordon, Emeka Okafor, Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry will all be sidelines with knee injuries for New Orleans. The Knicks will go for 8 straight victories tonight against the Hornets. Linsanity still remains in full effect for the Knicks and their new point guard.
Here is what to watch for:
- ESPN flexed this game out earlier this season. I bet they are kicking themselves for that right now.
- I expect Lin to play a Sacramento-esque game. The Knicks should have no problem with the Hornets tonight. Lin will not need to take a bunch of shots and score. I expect Lin to pilot the offense effectively and efficiently and rack up the assists. Another Knicks blowout tonight would do wonders for Lin’s durability. The Knicks point guard only played 26 minutes on Wednesday and got some much needed rest for his legs. In a perfect world, the Knicks would blow out New Orleans and Lin would play 25-30 minutes.
- Can Amar’e get going? Without Carl Landry and Emeka Okafor, the Hornets will be far weaker with their interior defense than they would normally be. All season, Amar’e Stoudemire has been a shell of the 2010 MVP candidate we saw last season. Lets see if he can get some pick and roll going with Lin and dominate tonight.
- The Hornets should score in the 70’s tonight. The Knick defense has been fantastic as of late and that should continue tonight. As long as Marco Belinelli doesn’t score 30, the Knicks should be in real good shape tonight. Chris Kaman is also a threat but he cannot carry the Hornets to a victory offensively.
- Last year at Madison Square Garden, Toney Douglas schooled Chris Paul and the Hornets for 24 points in a blowout Knicks victory. Upon reflection, it is so interesting in that the circumstances for both teams are different. Obviously the Knicks are caught up in Linsanity and Toney Douglas rides pine. Chris Paul is no longer on the Hornets and they suck. Either way, the Knicks should win in a blowout victory tonight.
- Landry Fields should dominate Marco Belinelli offensively. Belinelli is a solid shooter but his defense is weak. Fields, who has posted nice offensive stat lines lately should continue to do so tonight against a weak Hornets defense and a weak defensive matchup.
- Here is a video of a hornets nest: